Finding the best sports bras to work out in can be tricky. You need something that offers support while also being comfortable. You want a bra that allows you to breathe rather than something that makes your chest feel constricted and leaves you at a disadvantage when you’ve just finished something like a run and you’re breathing hard. Thankfully, there are thousands of sports bra makers and types to choose from for all shapes and sizes. We’ve picked out a few of our favorites below.
1. Best Sports Bra for Runners
For your sports bra needs that involve activities like running, cycling, or martial arts, the Shock Absorber Active Shape Support Sports Bra is a must-have. This comfortable design uses the underband, cups, and straps to optimize support.
2. Best Sports Bras for Large and Small Chests
Research shows that women with larger breasts often don’t purchase the correct sports bra size, leaving room for ligament injury during exercise. That’s right, you could harm yourself without meaning to simply by a lack of support.
- Lululemon offers the perfect bra for bigger breasts. The Free To Be Elevated Bra Light Support, DD Cup gives low-friction support and prevents excessive movement. This sports bra is great for strength training, yoga, or other lower impact exercises. Another perk is that there’s no uncomfortable wiring.
- The Freya Women’s Active Underwire Sports Bra is perfect for support during high-impact activities like running and HIIT. Reducing movement up to 80%, this sports bra offers extra support with carefully placed underwiring.
If you have a smaller chest, you don’t necessarily need as much support when it comes to picking out your sports bras. However, you do need a bra that makes you feel secure and comfortable. Typically, lightweight bras are the best, or bras with removable padding.
- Amazon provides the Moving Comfort Fiona Bra for all of your high-intensity exercises. The slim straps keep it from appearing or feeling bulky and a padded band around the rib cage prevents it from riding up.
- The Moving Comfort Hot Shot Bra is another Amazon favorite. Not only is it cute, but it’s designed to help you feel cool and stay dry with sweat-wicking fabric, and it has a UPF of 50+ to protect you from harmful rays should you be outside during your workout routines.
3. Best Sports Bras for Yoga
MAAREE has crafted one of the most beautiful yet support filled sports bras to date. The Solidarity High Impact Sports Bra works for almost all sizes, small or bigger chested, from a 32C up to a 38G, and allows you to adjust the tightness over your chest for a secure and more personalized fit.
Everyone’s needs are a little different, and picking out that perfect sports bra may feel intimidating, but finding the perfect match that brings you comfort is something worth celebrating. With all of the sports bra choices in the world, we hope one of our favorites in the list above helps make your exercise routine even more enjoyable. You can and will get both comfort and support with one of the many sports bra options out there, no matter your shape or size.
Once you’ve picked out which bra best suits you, head on over to Sworkit and try our Quick HIIT of Cardio workout. If you have any questions or concerns about which workout may be best for you, or simply need some advice on getting started, don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to being a part of your exercise journey and cheering you on as you conquer all of your health and fitness goals.